Arkema Inc. history (1950 - 1960)
- Wallace and Tiernan, Inc. merged into Pennwalt Corporation
- Viking Chemical Company began operation of the epoxidized resin plant in Blooming Prairie, MN
- The Rohm and Haas Company began manufacturing Plexiglas® acrylic resins inLouisville,KY
- Pennsalt acquired R.H. Miller Company, Homer, NY a leading supplier of wire drawing lubricants
- Two Pennsalt specialty resin units located within the Equistar Chemicals complex in Channelview, TXbegan production of SMA® resins
- Pennsalt completed plant for production of Kynar® polyvinylide fluoride resin atCalvert City,KY.
- Racon, Inc. began refrigerant manufacturing operations inWichita,KS.
- Metals and Thermit changed its name to MandT Chemicals
- Production facilities for organic sulfur chemicals expanded at Pennsalt'sHouston,TXplant
- Pennsalt's technical service laboratories were transferred toKing of Prussia,PAwith completion of the first unit of a new $9 million technology center
- Pennsalt entered the plastics field with development of Kynar® polyvinylidene fluoride resin.
- Pennsalt constructed a plant in Portland, ORfor production of ammonium perchlorate for solid propellant used in missiles. The company also increased hydrofluoric acid facilities inCalvert City,KY by 50% and began its industrial lubricants operations inOakville,Ontario
- Metals and Thermit Company opened a plant in Carrollton, KYproducing organotin chemicals
- Pennsylvania Salt Manufacturing Company changed its name to Pennsalt Chemicals Corporation. The Sodium Chlorate plant inPortland,OR is expanded. Metals and Thermit Company opened its zircon milling plant in Andrews, SC
- Pennsylvania Salt entered the refrigeration and aerosol propellant fields. Two new Forane® chlorofluorocarbon plants were constructed inCalvert City,KY
- Pennsylvania Salt acquired the Index Chemical Company of Houston, the first U.S. company to produce ethyl and methyl mercaptans, as well as other synthetic organic sulfur compounds for commercial sales
- A plant in Memphis, TNbegan manufacturing hydrogen peroxide, with a capacity of 14 million pounds per year
- Pennsylvania Salt's Geneseo, NYfacility, currently manufacturing a wide range of organic peroxides, began operations in theLivingstonCounty area ofWestern New York
- Pennsylvania Salt began operations in the Houston,TX area