Arkema Inc. history (1990’s)
- TotalFina S.A.acquired 95% of the shares of ElfAquitaine.
- Elf Atochem S.A. acquired Rohm and Haas' share of AtoHaas. The new division was named Atoglas and continued operations at the Bristol, Kensington, Louisville, and Matamoros plants.
- Elf Atochem acquired Air Liquide's share of the hydrogen peroxide joint venture in Bécancour, Québec, Canada. The plant is totally owned by Atofina Canada Inc., a subsidiary of Atofina Chemicals, Inc.
- Elf Atochem purchased DuPont's 70,000 tpa hydrogen peroxide plant in Memphis,TN.
- Elf Atochem North America, Inc. announces the creation of ATO Portland.
- Elf Atochem North America completed construction of its largest plant for the manufacture of Forane® 134a refrigerant in Calvert City, KY.
- Elf Atochem North America moved its headquarters from Three Parkway to 2000 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
- Elf Atochem North America completed the multi-purpose unit (MPU) facility at the Crosby, TX plant.
- Atochem North America, Inc's name changed to Elf Atochem North America, Inc.
- AtoHaas was formed as a global joint venture between Elf Atochem S.A. and Rohm and Haas for the production and sale of acrylic and polycarbonate sheet products and acrylic molding resins.
- Elf Atochem acquired Englehard's interest in the M&T Harshaw joint venture and Schering's metal plating business. These businesses were combined to form Atotech.
- Oxychem Canada, Inc., Elf Atochem's joint venture with Air Liquide at Bécancour, Québec is renamed Chemprox Chemical, Inc.
- M&T Harshaw was formed as a 60/40 joint venture between Atochem and Englehard Corporation in the metal plating business.