Alsip, Illinois production plant
The Alsip, Ill. plant manufactures a range of latex emulsion products that are supplied to manufacturers of coatings, adhesives and construction products.
Products and markets
Vinyl acetate and butyl acrylate are building blocks used in the production of specialty polymers, agricultural and water treatment chemicals. We use them in the production of water-based latex, which is then sold to coating manufacturers for paints, caulks, adhesives and sealants. Visit the Coating Resins website for more information on our products.
Key figures for 2016
● Sponsor Night Out event for drug and crime prevention
● Support Alsip Chamber of Commerce holiday food drive
● Participate in Alsip Streetscape
|Investment in health, environment and safety||$1.4M in approved capital investments in 2016 for health, safety and environmental projects|
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental and quality||
● American Chemistry Council – 2014 Responsible Care® Facility Safety Award
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Recent Twitter activity
Recent Facebook activity
Our commitment to safety and the environment
The Alsip plant pays close attention to identifying potential risks and acting to minimize the impact of those risks. We work to keep safety in our thoughts at all times through efforts such as:
- A daily safety review during every shift
- A “Safety Suggestion Tool” that allows employees to enter safety suggestions
- Review of every safety suggestion during monthly team meetings
- Encouraging employees to, and rewarding them for, recognizing any situation that could have a potential health, environmental or safety impact at our site, in the community or for our customer.
- Chemical Industry Council of Illinois (CICI) – The Alsip plant is an active member of this industry council, which serves as a voice for our industry on issues that impact us. CICI also has an education foundation that encourages high school and junior high school students to explore careers in chemistry. The Alsip plant is a sponsor of the CICI annual dinner.
- Emergency Response Drills – In 2016, the Alsip plant held an emergency drill to practice response to a hazardous materials emergency. Local emergency responders participated in this exercise. In addition, the local Fire Department did fire extinguisher training at our plant.
- Safety Day Picnic – Every year we sponsor a Safety Day Picnic for employees and their families, members of the Alsip Fire and Police Departments and members of the Park District.
- Community Support – The plant supports the local community through donations and participation in community programs such as food drives.
12840 S. Pulaski Road
Alsip, IL 60803