Bristol, Pennsylvania production plant
The Bristol, Penn. plant manufactures a variety of acrylic molding resins with properties such as impact resistance and exceptional optics. We make different colors of resin and even produce grades that resist discoloration caused by gamma radiation. Our V-series grades are the standard in the industry, with a variety of melt flow and heat resistant products from which to choose. Our impact modified resins offer 7 to 10 times the impact strength of standard acrylic while maintaining excellent optical properties.
The resin is used in lighting applications, tail light lenses and other molded parts and decorative items that are all around us. From faucet handles to display cases, our resins are an outstanding raw material. Our products are marketed as Plexiglas® acrylic sheet in North America and Latin America, and Altuglas® acrylic sheet throughout the rest of the world.
Key figures for 2016
|Number of employees||
● 95 in the plant
● 35 in the business center
|Investment in the community||
● The Bristol plant and its employees support many local organizations by contributing funds as well as time.
|Investment in health, environment and safety||~$3.1M investment in 2015-2016
● We invested in a storage tank project designed to improve safe handling of materials.
● Site was recertified under OSHA Voluntary Protection Program in 2016 and recommended for VPP Star Certification, which recognizes outstanding efforts and exemplary achievement in workplace health and safety.
● We routinely evaluate ongoing operations and try to identify and address safety concerns before an incident happens. Our employees regularly receive safety and environmental training, and our mechanical work is routinely preceded by a safety review.
● We participate in the Responsible Care® initiative launched by the American Chemistry Council (ACC) - to improve the chemical industry's health, safety and environmental performance.
● We support the Arkema E3 (Enhancing Environmental Excellence) program and have been cited by Arkema for our acrylic recycling efforts.
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental and quality||
● ISRS Level 8 quality safety management certification
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Recent Twitter activity
Recent Facebook activity
- Community Advisory Council – We are a member with other representatives of various segments of the local community, including civic activists, students, church leaders, and local and regional officials who meet monthly to discuss issues of concern to the community. The meetings provide a sounding board for our neighbors to voice their concerns, as well as an opportunity to learn more about the Bristol plant and its operations.
- Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce – We are a member and participate in leadership teams.
- Science Teacher Program – Provide four teachers from two area schools with a hands-on science kit. Our technical personnel work with the teachers for one week during the summer break. At the end of the week, the teachers take the kits and insight from the mentorship back to their school for use in the teaching curriculum.
- Bristol Cultural and Historical Foundation – We sponsor the Historic Bristol Day and First Night.
- Bristol Riverside Theater – We sponsor the BRT Summer Education Program, which works with local children in a theater environment to help develop life skills such as communication and impulse control. Many of the children in the program are at-risk.
100 PA Rt. 413
Bristol, PA 19007
Last updated: February 2017
Plexiglas® and Altuglas® are registered trademarks of Arkema.
Responsible Care® is a registered trademark of the American Chemistry Council.
United Way® is a registered trademark of the United Way of America.