Products and markets
Sartomer is a division of Arkema Inc., and its Chatham, Va. site produces specialty acrylate and methacrylate monomers and oligomers used by other manufacturers in the following applications:
- Graphic arts
- Adhesives and sealants
- Advanced materials
- Chemical intermediates
- Personal care
Visit the Sartomer Americas website for more information.
Key figures for 2016
|Investment in the community||$10,600 invested in 2016
• United Way® campaign
• Scholarships for local students
• Sponsorship of FIRST™ Robotics Competition Team 5950
|Investment in health, environment and safety||$444,000 in approved capital investments in 2016 for health, safety and environmental projects
• Convert all oligomer process buildings and main administrative building to energy efficient LED lighting
• Multi-year plan underway to deploy high efficiency lighting across the site
• Continual site focus on energy efficiency and waste reduction, including lean manufacturing principles
• Emergency response training for in-house Emergency Response Team (ERT) and employees on all operating shifts
• Employee training in hazardous waste operations emergency response (HAZWOPER)
• Personnel trained in First Aid, CPR, & Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
• Member of CHEMTREC® (Chemical Transportation Emergency Center)
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental and quality||
● OHSAS 18001 certification
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Recent Twitter activity
Recent Facebook activity
- Sponsor for the Graduate of Merit award for two Pittsylvania County School students
- Participate in SOVA Youth Career Expo
- Main sponsor of Chatham Sartomer 5K (benefits community agencies including Chatham Volunteer Fire Department, Chatham Rescue Squad and American Red Cross)
- United Way® campaign
- Tunstall High School – FIRST™ Robotics Competition (FRC) Team 5950 sponsorship
- Participate in Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), providing technical expertise
- Active member of Danville-Pittsylvania County Chamber of Commerce
- Meet annually with our Community Advisory Panel (CAP) to encourage information-sharing and dialogue with local residents
- On Board of Trustees of the Virginia Manufacturing Partnership
601 Tightsqueeze Industrial Rd.
Chatham, VA 24531
Last updated: February 2017
Chemtrec® is a registered trademark of American Chemistry Council, Inc.
United Way® is a registered trademark of United Way Council of America.