Exton, Pennsylvania research and development and North American headquarters
The Exton, PA facility serves Arkema Inc. as Sartomer’s division global headquarters and research and development center.
Sartomer produces specialty acrylate and methacrylate monomers and oligomers, which are used by other manufacturers in the following applications:
- 3D printing
- Graphic arts
- Adhesives and sealants
- Advanced materials
- Chemical intermediates
- Personal care
Visit the Sartomer Americas website for more information.
Habitat For Humanity of Chester County
Arkema’s Exton, PA and West Chester, PA site employees volunteered at Habitat For Humanity of Chester County, a non-profit organization helping to bring families together by building homes and communities. Each home that is built is sold to a low-income family based on the three following criteria: ability to repay the loan, the need for affordable housing and willingness to participate in the sweat equality program. All mortgage payments are put towards the rehabilitation or construction of other homes for low-income families. Almost 140 homes have been built in the Chester County area alone since 1989.
Community involvement and local associations / Events we sponsor
- Educational institutions (Kindergarten-college age student shadowing/mentoring)
- Emergency response organizations
- Employee-initiated donation request program
- Local Chambers of Commerce
- Non-profit organizations, including the United Way®
- Provide internships/co-op opportunities
- Widener University - Chairman’s Tier Partnership
Key figures for 2015
|# of employees||70|
|Local economic impact (utilities/sewer/property taxes paid annually)||$300,000 in 2015|
|Investment in the community||$30,000+ investment in 2015
● United Way®
● Other charitable contributions
|Investment in health, environment and safety||● Member of the American Chemistry Council (ACC), Sartomer has adopted the principles of Responsible Care® and has met the Responsible Care® Management System (RCMS) Certification Requirements.
● All manufacturing sites in the U.S., Nansha, China and the Villers-Saint-Paul, France site are ISO 9001:2008 certified.
● Excellence in Quality – In 1996, the Pennsylvania Quality Leadership Awards Council selected Sartomer to receive the prestigious Pennsylvania Quality Leadership Award for quality management and achievement.
● Corporate quality, environmental, health and safety policy.
● Member of CHEMTREC® (Chemical Transportation Emergency Center).
Over 13 years without a lost work time injury
Responsible Care® and Chemtrec® are registered trademarks of American Chemistry Council