North Kansas City, Missouri production plant
The North Kansas City, Missouri plant produces a polyester resin used for powder coatings, which go into metal finishes for lawn furniture, tool boxes, light fixtures, parking meters, fences, railings and many other applications.
Coatings made of Arkema polyester resins resist yellowing and have excellent durability outdoors.
The North Kansas City plant is the newest polyester powder coating resin manufacturing plant in the U.S. (built in 2002).
Product brands include:
- Reafree® powder coating resins for interior and exterior systems, including UV and Ultra low bake systems.
Visit the Coating Resins website to learn more about our product lines.
- Center for Advanced Professional Studies (CAPS) - Partnership to mentor high school students who are interested in manufacturing and engineering careers.
- Junior Achievement® - Provides elementary and/or middle school students with community volunteers from a local business partner who combine their real-life experiences with JA’s economic-base curriculum, showing students the relevance between what they are learning in school and the “real world”. JA educates and inspires young people to succeed in a global economy. It also provides the business partner with a chance to give back to the community and invest in possible future employees.
- North Kansas City Business Council - Promotes and advocates for businesses and quality of life in North Kansas City, Missouri. Further, provides Business to Business Networking as well as opportunities to showcase our business in multiple venues throughout the year. The Council keeps members informed on all local issues facing the community and promotes and nurtures new and existing business involvement in many valuable programs throughout the business community.
- Science Teacher Program - A hands-on science program for 3rd grade teachers from Briarcliff elementary school to spend a week working at Arkema, Inc. and partnering with scientists, engineers and safety personnel to learn innovative ways to teach basic science concepts.
Northland CAPS visits North Kansas City
Arkema’s North Kansas City, MO plant hosted two groups of students from Northland CAPS, which provides a profession-based learning approach and immersion in the local business community for area high schoolers. The students learned about careers in the chemical engineering field from Arkema’s North Kansas City plant manager, Olivia Wetta, and toured the facility.
Key figures for 2015
|# of employees||25|
|Local economic impact (payroll/utility/property taxes paid annually)||Annual economic impact > $2.8 million as a result of site operations|
|Investment in health, environment and safety||
● $80,000 in energy reduction programs to reduce carbon footprint for the site
● Increased safety at the site by creating a safer warehouse ramp
|Safety record||No recordable injuries in > 2.5 years|
|Awards/Certifications for safety, environmental, and quality||● ISO 9001:2007
● Certified in AIMS (Arkema Integrated Management Systems)
REAFREE® is a registered trademark of Arkema Inc.
Junior Acheivement is a registered trademark of JA Worldwide.
Last updated: December 2, 2015