Torrance, California production plant
The Torrance, California plant produces a range of latex emulsion products that are supplied to manufacturers of coatings, adhesives and construction products.
- Certified Unified Program Agencies (CUPA) – Our site participates in local emergency planning committee meetings and meets all notification and reporting obligations.
- City of Torrance Emergency Response System – The Torrance plant, along with other area chemical companies, pay permit fees to ensure local emergency responders have the equipment needed to respond to emergencies.
- Toys for Tots - Regular participation.
Visit the Coating Resins website for more information on our products.
Torrance employees get fire extinguisher training
In February 2014, the Torrance Fire Department coached employees at Arkema’s Torrance, CA plant on how to use fire extinguishers. The training included a discussion of how fire extinguishers work (by dousing the flame with water or smothering it to remove oxygen) as well as instruction to use a 2-person buddy system.
Key Figures for 2015
|# of employees||40|
|Local economic impact (payroll/utility/property taxes paid annually)||Annual local economic impact was more than $4.5 million in 2015 due to site operations.|
|Investment in health, environment and safety||
$190,000 in improvements in health, safety, and environmental, including:
Arkema Coating Resins is continuously:
● Worked >32 months with no recordable injury
● Site has operated for more than 11 years without a lost time accident or reportable environmental release
|Awards/Certifications for safety, environmental, and quality||● ISO 9001:2008
● Arkema Information Management System (AIMS) – Internal management program which meets ISO and Responsible Care® (RCMS) requirements
United Way® is a registered trademark of United Way® of America