West Chester, Pennsylvania production plant
A division of Arkema Inc., Sartomer’s West Chester, PA site produces more than 300 specialty acrylate and methacrylate monomers and oligomers.
These products are used by other manufacturers in the following applications:
- Graphic arts
- Adhesives and sealants
- Advanced materials
- Chemical intermediates
- Personal care
Visit the Sartomer website for more information.
Employees from Arkema’s Sartomer site in West Chester, PA participated in Decade To Doorways’ Point-In-Time event, a program developed to better understand homelessness and determine the proper funding needed for permanent housing. The employees, along with other volunteers, took the second shift to count the number of sheltered and unsheltered homeless persons in the surrounding area on January 28th, from 12:30 a.m. – 2:30 a.m. All volunteer team members underwent mandatory training prior to participating in the count.
Learn more about Decade To Doorways’ Point-In-Time and how to prevent homelessness: http://ark.ma/pointintime.
- Arkema Science Teacher Program - In 2015, we sponsored four teachers from three local schools, who partnered with our Sartomer site mentors to review science kits/experiments and teaching techniques for the Fall semester.
- Community Advisory Panel (CAP) – This group was established to give residents a voice. As a CAP member, we meet annually to answer questions, offer suggestions, and talk about issues that are important to them and their neighbors.
- Co-op Program – We participate in local co-op programs.
- Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) – We are a member providing technical expertise.
- Sartomer Environmental Scholarship – An internship at Sartomer is given to one West Chester University student every year. This can lead to employment at Sartomer following graduation.
- Shadowing Program – We provide "day on the job" training/coaching for local high school students.
- West Chester Chamber of Commerce – We are a member of this group.
Local associations / Events we sponsor
- Chester County Hospital
- Employee-initiated donation request program
- Local Fire Departments – Financial support and training partnership
- United Way®
Key figures for 2015
|# of employees||81|
|Local economic impact (pyroll/utility/property taxes paid annually)||$1.5 million in 2015|
|Investment in the community||$28,000 investment in 2015
● United Way®
● Other charitable contributions including a major contribution to the Fame Fire Company
● Train with local emergency responders on a regular basis
● Local fire department and Hazardous materlal (HAZMAT) response team use this site for training
|Investment in health, environment and safety||
$250,000 in approved capital investments in 2015 for health, safety, and environmental projects
● Utilizes an integrated computer-based technology for process monitoring and control
● Pursuing OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) – Promoting effective worksite-based safety and health
● Behavior Based Safety Program
2+ years without a recordable injury4+ years without a lost time injury
|Awards/Certifications for safety, environmental, and quality||
● ISO 9001:2008 registered since January 1994
• RMCS Certified
Chemtrec® is a registered trademark of American Chemistry Council