Arkema Inc. history (1990’s)
- TotalFina S.A.acquired 95% of the shares of ElfAquitaine.
- Elf Atochem S.A. acquired Rohm and Haas' share of AtoHaas. The new division was named Atoglas and continued operations at the Bristol, PA, Kensington, CT, Louisville, KY, and Matamoros, Mexico plants.
- Elf Atochem acquired Air Liquide's share of the hydrogen peroxide joint venture in Bécancour, Québec, Canada. The plant is totally owned by Atofina Canada Inc., a subsidiary of Atofina Chemicals, Inc.
- Elf Atochem purchased DuPont's 70,000 tpa hydrogen peroxide plant in Memphis, TN.
- Elf Atochem North America, Inc. announces the creation of ATO Portland.
- Elf Atochem North America completed construction of its largest plant for the manufacture of Forane® 134a refrigerant in Calvert City, KY.
- Elf Atochem North America moved its headquarters from Three Parkway to 2000 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
- Elf Atochem North America completed the multi-purpose unit (MPU) facility at the Crosby, TX plant.
- Atochem North America, Inc's name changed to Elf Atochem North America, Inc.
- AtoHaas was formed as a global joint venture between Elf Atochem S.A. and Rohm and Haas for the production and sale of acrylic and polycarbonate sheet products and acrylic molding resins.
- Elf Atochem acquired Englehard's interest in the M&T Harshaw joint venture and Schering's metal plating business. These businesses were combined to form Atotech.
- Oxychem Canada, Inc., Elf Atochem's joint venture with Air Liquide at Bécancour, Québec is renamed Chemprox Chemical, Inc.
- M&T Harshaw was formed as a 60/40 joint venture between Atochem and Englehard Corporation in the metal plating business.