- Bostik acquires XL Brands in flooring adhesives in the U.S.
- Arkema announces expansion of fluoropolymer (Kynar® PVDF) production capacities in Calvert City: expansion fueled by strong demand in the new energies and water management markets.
- Arkema celebrates the 70th birthday of flagship Rilsan® polyamide 11 brand.
- Clear Lake, Texas Acrylics facility upgraded.
- Arkema celebrates its 10-year anniversary with events held around the world at all Arkema and subsidiary sites.
- Arkema acquires Bostik, the world's #3 in adhesives, part of Total's specialty chemicals and strengthens its position in specialty chemicals. Bostik adds 13 sites to the Americas family. This new stage in Arkema's transformation is consistent with its strategy to consolidate its ranking in specialty chemicals — this acquisition is Arkema's largest since 2006.
- Arkema celebrates 50 years of Kynar 500® PVDF resin.
- Start-up of a methyl acrylate production plant in Clear Lake, TX as the last phase of a $110m investment plan to strengthen Arkema’s position in Acrylics in the US.
- Arkema announces the successful start-up of its acrylic acid capacity expansion at Clear Lake, TX site.
- Arkema finalizes the divestment of its Tin Stabilizer business to PMC Group.
- New settlement of Arkema in Brazil where the group acquired from Resicryl a production plant of acrylic emulsions and additives.
- Arkema completes the acquisition of Total’s specialty resins (Cray Valley, Cook Composites & Polymers and Sartomer).
- Arkema Inc. moves its headquarters from Philadelphia, PA to its R&D facility in King of Prussia, PA in order to more closely align business with research.
- Arkema completes the acquisition of specific acrylic assets from Dow in North America.
- Arkema acquires the odorants distribution business of American gas odorant specialist Odor-Tech Inc.
- May 18: Arkema’s IPO on the Paris stock market (Segment A of Eurolist by EuronexTM), marking the official birthday of the company.
- Total and its affiliates donate $1 million to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Katrina effort.
- Total announces plan to spinoff Atofina chemical business and unveils a new name for a new company: Arkema – named Arkema Inc. in the US.
- Totalfina and Elf Aquitaine are reorganized to form TotalFinaElf, the world's fourth largest oil company. The chemical operations are combined to create ATOFINA, and Elf Atochem North America becomes, ATOFINA Chemicals, Inc.