Alsip, Illinois production plant
The Alsip, Ill. plant manufactures a range of latex emulsion products that we supply to a variety of markets including: coatings, adhesives, building & construction and transportation infrastructure.
Products and markets
Key building blocks include vinyl acetate, styrene and acrylic monomers, such as butyl acrylate and methyl methacrylate. We use them to produce water-based specialty polymers which are critically important raw materials for leading manufacturers’ of architectural paints, industrial coatings, road markings, construction adhesives, sealants/caulks and pressure sensitive adhesives for labels and tapes
Our commitment to safety and the environment
The Alsip plant pays close attention to identifying potential risks and acting to minimize the impact of those risks. We work to keep safety in our thoughts at all times, through efforts such as:
- A daily safety review during every shift
- Improvement Idea Tool that allows employees to enter safety suggestions as well as other improvement ideas
- Review of every safety suggestion during monthly team meetings
- Hazardous waste operations emergency response (HAZWOPER) confine space rescue trained employees
- Personnel trained in First Aid, CPR, AED (Automated External Defibrillation)
- Member of CHEMTREC (Chemical Transportation Emergency Center)
- Employee led teams that enhance safety include: Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) training, process safety, winterization and 5S
Key figures for 2018
Awards/certifications for safety, environmental and quality
- Chemical Industry Council of Illinois (CICI) - The Alsip plant is an active member of this industry council, which serves as a voice for our industry on issues that impact us. CICI also has an education foundation that encourages high school and junior high school students to explore careers in chemistry . The Alsip plant is a sponsor of the CICI annual dinner.
- Community support - The plant supports the local community through donations and participation in community programs such as food drives and Night Out event fordrug and crime prevention.
- Emergency Response Drill with participation from local authorities and emergency responders.
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
12840 S. Pulaski Road
Alsip, Il 60803