Birdsboro, Pennsylvania production plant
The Birdsboro, Pennsylvania plant produces Rilsan® Nylon 11 and Rilsamid® Nylon 12 thermoplastic resins, which are known for their outstanding chemical / abrasion / impact and moisture resistance, dimensional stability and easy processability by a variety of markets. The automotive and trucking industry is a major market for Nylon 11 and 12, where they are used for fuel line tubing, fuel fittings, vapor lines, pumps and air brakes.
Products and markets
The Birdsboro plant also produces Copolymer Pebax® resins, which are used in such applications as cycling and sport shoes, watch bands, ski boots, other recreational and athletic products and medical applications such as cardiac catheters.
Key figures for 2018
|Investment in health, enviroment and safety||
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental and quality|
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Community involvement / sponsorships
- Arkema Science Teacher Program - Our site hosts a group of local teachers each summer to provide them with new knowledge and resources to help bring science to life for students in grades 3-6.
- Responsible Care® -- We adhere to an industry-wide initiative among members of the American Chemistry Council. Through Responsible Care®, our industry demonstrates its continuing commitment to health, safety and the environment.
- Donations to Birdsboro Fire Company, Exeter Fire Company, American Red Cross, and Relay for Life.
- Provide support to the local United Way Association.
- Conduct blood drives each year to benefit the TriCounty Keystone Blood Bank Association.
- Donation Drives - 15 sets of bedding, sheets, blankets and pillows donated to the Reading Homeless Shelter Community House
- 30 turkeys donated at Thanksgiving to the Birdsboro Food Bank
1112 Lincoln Road
Birdsboro, PA 19508
Last updated: July 2019
Rilsan, Rilsamid and Pebax are registered trademarks of Arkema.
Responsible Care® is a registered trademark of American Chemistry Council.