Bristol, Pennsylvania production plant
The Bristol, Penn. plant manufactures a variety of acrylic molding resins with properties such as impact resistance and exceptional optics. We make different colors of resin and even produce grades that resist discoloration caused by gamma radiation. Our V-series grades are the standard in the industry, with a variety of melt flow and heat resistant products from which to choose. Our impact modified resins offer 7 to 10 times the impact strength of standard acrylic while maintaining excellent optical properties.
The resin is used in lighting applications, tail light lenses and other molded parts and decorative items that are all around us. From faucet handles to display cases, our resins are an outstanding raw material. Our products are marketed as Plexiglas® acrylic sheet in North America and Latin America, and Altuglas® acrylic sheet throughout the rest of the world.
Key figures for 2018
|Number of employees||
|Local economic impact (payroll/utility/property taxes paid annually)||
|Investment in the community||
|Investment in health, environment and safety||~$400,000
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental and quality|
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
- Community Advisory Council – We are a member with other representatives of various segments of the local community, including civic activists, students, church leaders, and local and regional officials who meet monthly to discuss issues of concern to the community. The meetings provide a sounding board for our neighbors to voice their concerns, as well as an opportunity to learn more about the Bristol plant and its operations.
- Bucks County Chamber of Commerce – We are a member and participate in leadership teams.
- Science Teacher Program – Provide four teachers from two area schools with a hands-on science kit. Our technical personnel work with the teachers for one week during the summer break. At the end of the week, the teachers take the kits and insight from the mentorship back to their school for use in the teaching curriculum.
- Bristol Cultural and Historical Foundation – We sponsor the Historic Bristol Day and First Night.
- Bristol Riverside Theater – We sponsor the BRT Summer Education Program, which works with local children in a theater environment to help develop life skills such as communication and impulse control. Many of the children in the program are at-risk.
100 PA Rt. 413
Bristol, PA 19007
Last updated: August 2019
Plexiglas® and Altuglas® are registered trademarks of Arkema.
Responsible Care® is a registered trademark of the American Chemistry Council.
United Way® is a registered trademark of the United Way of America.