Cary, North Carolina headquarters and research & development for Arkema's Coating Resins business
The Cary, NC research and development center provides strategic direction and innovative research in support of Arkema's Coating Resins business unit. Support services for the business center include finance, human resources, engineering, supply chain, health, environment and safety, as well as sales and marketing specialists.
The ACR manufacturing sites throughout the world produce synthetic latex-based emulsions and plastic additives. Production encompasses a wide range of low-VOC (volatile organic compounds) resin technologies, including waterborne, high solids and powder resins, as well as solvent-borne resins and high performance coating additives for formulators of architectural coatings, industrial finishes, construction products, traffic paints, sealants, adhesives, inks, floor care and graphic arts products. Visit the Coating Resins website and the Plastic Additives website for more information.
Community involvement / local associations / events we sponsor
We have been active in the Cary community since locating here in December 1984.
- The Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC – We are a collection site.
- MacGregor Industrial Park Association – We are a member working with several dozen other companies in the area to address emergency response issues.
Key figures for 2017
|Number of employees||88|
|Investment in the community||● 875 pounds of food collected for the Food Bank|
|Investment in health, environment and safety
● Site utilizes a Behavioral Based Safety program where all employees are required to make formal observations of onsite activities to improve safety performance.
● Installation of personal safety / oxygen monitoring system
||● 14 years with no recordable injury
● There has never been a reportable environmental release or loss of primary containment at this site
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental, and quality||
● Recognized by the American Coatings Association for our safety record