Cary, North Carolina headquarters and research & development for Arkema's Coating Resins business
The Cary, NC research and development center provides strategic direction and innovative research in support of Arkema's Coating Resins business unit. Support services for the business center include finance, human resources, engineering, supply chain, health, environment and safety, as well as sales and marketing specialists.
The ACR manufacturing sites throughout the world produce synthetic latex-based emulsions and plastic additives. Production encompasses a wide range of low-VOC (volatile organic compounds) resin technologies, including waterborne, high solids and powder resins, as well as solvent-borne resins and high performance coating additives for formulators of architectural coatings, industrial finishes, construction products, traffic paints, sealants, adhesives, inks, floor care and graphic arts products. Visit the Coating Resins website and the Plastic Additives website for more information.
We have been active in the Cary community since locating here in December 1984.
- The Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC – 916 pounds of food collected and donated in 2018.
- MacGregor Industrial Park Association – We are a member working with several dozen other companies in the area to address emergency response issues.
- Habitat for Humanity® of Wake County
- AFHS Academy of Engineering & Advanced Manufacturing Student Job Shadowing
- Sponsor for the American Heart Association Go Red Women’s Luncheon
Key figures for 2018
|Number of employees||85|
|Investment in health, environment and safety
$59,000 in approved capital investments in 2018:
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental, and quality||