Crosby, Texas production plant
The Crosby, Texas plant produces liquid organic peroxides that are used primarily in the production of plastic resins, polystyrene, polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC and polyester reinforced fiberglass, and acrylic resins.
Products and markets
Many consumer products that we use everyday, ranging from automobiles and food packaging to health and cleaning products, owe their beginnings to organic peroxides. Here are some examples:
- Solid surface countertops
- Acrylic-based paints and coatings for automotive, industrial and architectural applications
- Key components in the enhancement of hoses, gaskets, and headlight assemblies for the automotive industry
- Expandable polystyrene cups and plates
- PVC for pipes, packaging, and siding
Key figures for 2017
|Investment in health, environment and safety||
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental and quality|
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Recent Twitter activity
Recent Facebook activity
Local associations / events we sponsor
- Crosby Volunteer Fire Department - We host annual drills in coordination with the local fire department and emergency medical team to coordinate likely interaction in the event of an emergency. We have also donated land to Harris County to be used as a fire station and an Emergency Medical Dispatch Station.
- CAER Line - Neighbors of the plant are encouraged to call the CAER line for information about emergency response incidents in the facilities or off-site incidents that may impact the community. East Harris County Manufacturers Association (ECHMA) established the Community Awareness and Emergency Response line (CAER Line) in 1986 as a free public service. The CAER Line is a source of up-to-the-minute information about any emergency at a local facility, including response actions that are underway and any actions members of the public should take, such as evacuation or shelter-in-place.
- Arkema uses EMerge Systems, a web based multi-media communication tool used to communicate plant emergencies to local authorities. Activation occurs via a 24-hour manned website. Harris County Homeland Security and Emergency Management coordinate community notifications in the event of a plant emergency that may affect our neighbors. EMerge Systems is endorsed by the North Channel Local Emergency Planning Committee (NC LEPC).
- Arkema Science Teacher Program - Our plant hosts local teachers for a summer workshop in which teachers receive tools to take back to the classroom. During the workshop, teachers spend time with Arkema scientists, studying the materials and learning about ways to bring science to life for young people.
18000 Crosby Eastgate Road
Crosby, TX 77532
Last updated: June 2017