Exton, Pennsylvania research and development and North American headquarters
The Exton, Pennsylvania facility serves Arkema Inc. as Sartomer’s division global headquarters and research and development center.
Sartomer, an innovation and market leader in the energy curable market produces specialty acrylate and methacrylate monomers and oligomers which are used in these applications:
- 3D printing
- Graphic arts
- Adhesives and sealants
- Advanced materials
- Chemical intermediates
- Personal care
Visit the Sartomer Americas website for more information.
- Spirit of Chester County Company for United Way 2017
- Co-op Employer of the year-Drexel University 2018
- Widener University – Chairman’s Tier Partnership
- Active partner at Penn State Additive Manufacturing/3D laboratories
- Key community partner for Hurricane Harvey relief
- Emergency Response organizations
- Employee-initiated donation participation program
- Provide numerous internships/co-op opportunities
Habitat For Humanity of Chester County
Arkema’s Exton, PA and West Chester, PA site employees volunteered at Habitat For Humanity of Chester County, a non-profit organization helping to bring families together by building homes and communities. Each home that is built is sold to a low-income family based on the three following criteria: ability to repay the loan, the need for affordable housing and willingness to participate in the sweat equality program. All mortgage payments are put towards the rehabilitation or construction of other homes for low-income families. Almost 140 homes have been built in the Chester County area alone since 1989.
Key figures for 2017
|# of employees||Approximately 75|
|Locations||● Manufacturing Facility in West Chester, Pa.
● Innovation center and commercial operations in Exton, Pa.
|Investment in the community||$60,000+ investment in 2017
● United Way®
● Other charitable contributions
|Investment in health, environment and safety||• Member of the American Chemistry Council (ACC), Sartomer Business Unit of Arkema has adopted the principles of Responsible Care® and has met the Responsible Care® Management System (RCMS) Certification Requirements.
• All manufacturing sites in the U.S., Nansha, China and the Villers-Saint-Paul, France site are ISO 9001:2008 certified.
• Corporate Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety Policy
• Member of CHEMTREC® (Chemical Transportation Emergency Center).
|Safety record||Over 17 years without a recordable work time accident.|
Responsible Care and Chemtrec are registered trademarks of the American Chemistry Council, Inc.
United Way is a registered trademark of United Way of America
Updated June 2018