Franklin, Virginia production plant
The Franklin plant is a leading supplier to the Wire and Cable industry, and the Rubber industry.
Products and markets
Commercially available peroxides to combine high efficiency and thermal stability with good vulcanizing properties at a low cost were first produced at the Franklin, Va. plant. Today, we are one of the world's leading suppliers of organic peroxides for the wire and cable, rubber, and plastics industries.
The Wire and Cable Industry uses Di-Cup® and Vul-Cup® organic peroxide pure grades to improve the durability and service life of polymer insulations without sacrificing cleanliness standards. The products are used to crosslink the polymer in the insulated portion of the cable to provide greater thermal stability against the high temperature generated by medium and high voltage power transmission. Luperox® liquid organic peroxides offer absorption performance in processes where faster absorption time is necessary without the need for melting equipment.
The Rubber Industry uses Di-Cup® and Vul-Cup® organic peroxide supported grades in automotive rubber parts to provide optimum crosslinking, which reduces failures in high temperature and oxidative environments. The products are also used throughout the rubber industry to improve compression set resistance, eliminate discoloration and provide greater low temperature flexibility to materials.
Key figures for 2016
|Number of employees||
72 total employees on site, where three separate companies are colocated. Four Arkema employees are based at this plant.
|Investment in health, environment and safety||
● Wastewater segregation
● Nitrogen handling improvements
● Sump pump replacement
● Steam jet controls
● Neutralization improvements
● We closely monitor our manufacturing processes to ensure the safety of our employees, neighbors, customers and the environment. We take our corporate citizenship responsibility seriously and work continually to educate our neighbors and the surrounding community about the activities that take place in our plants.
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental and quality|
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Recent Twitter activity
Recent Facebook activity
- Plant leaders participate in the Franklin/Southampton and Isle of Wight County Local Emergency Planning Committees, meeting with emergency response officials and local manufacturing facilities to discuss emergency response and provide information to first responders.
- The Franklin plant (both Solenis and Arkema employees) is one of the largest contributors to the Franklin/Southampton County United Way®.
- The plant, shared by Solenis and Arkema, donates to a range of organizations, including Boy Scouts, the Franklin Fall Festival, and local education and athletic programs.
27123 Shady Brook Trail
Courtland, VA 23837
Last updated: March 2017
Luperox, Di-Cup and Vul-Cup are registered trademarks of Arkema Inc.
United Way is a registered trademark of United Way of America.