Geneseo, New York production plant
Geneseo, New York plant produces organic peroxides that are used primarily in the production of acrylics, elastomers, LDPE (low density polyethylene), polyesters, polystyrene and PVC (polyvinyl chloride). Many products that we encounter daily, from automobile components to food packaging, owe their existence to the chemicals produced at the site.
Products and markets
More commonly known by the tradename Luperox® organic peroxide, those made at the Geneseo site are used to cure boats, tubs and spas. Others are used to allow plastics to be more easily processed for shaping, and in the manufacturing of kitchen countertops. Our plant also produces peroxy-dicarbonates used to make PVC, which is then used to make many familiar products such as vinyl siding and plastic piping. The plant also produces a variety of benzoyl peroxides used in acne medication, whey powder processing and polystyrene.
The Geneseo site has been operating in this community for more than 60 years.
Key figures for 2019
|Number of employees||81|
|Local economic impact (payroll/utility/property taxes paid annually)||$~10 million|
|Investment in health, environment and safety||
8+ years without a lost time injury
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental and quality|
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Community involvement and Local associations / events we sponsor
- Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) – We are a charter member and have conducted plant tours and safety training with members of the local fire department and Emergency Medical Service.
- Community Advisory Panel (CAP) – Consisting of local residents, community leaders and plant employees, the CAP serves as a forum to inform the community about Arkema and addresses any questions or concerns our neighbors may have.
- Arkema Science Teachers Program – We provide a summer science workshop for local elementary science teachers, with materials and learning used more broadly across multiple grades.
- Plant tours – We offer plant tours to students, interested neighbors, and community leaders. In addition, we invite our neighbors to regular open houses.
- Livingston County Backpack Program
Geneseo, New York
3289 Genesee Street
Piffard, NY 14533