Grand Rapids, Michigan production plant
The Grand Rapids, Mich. plant was first opened in 1908 as Grand Rapids Varnish Company to support the booming furniture industry. At the time and for the next 40+ years, Grand Rapids was the "Furniture Capital of the World." As Grand Rapids grew and became more diversified, so did the facility by adding technologies to supply products to a wide range of industries.
Products and markets
The Grand Rapids plant produces resin technologies, including waterborne, conventional and high solids solvent-borne resins and high performance coatings for formulators of architectural coatings, industrial finishes, construction products, traffic paints, and container coatings ink products. Visit the Coating Resins site for more information on our products.
Product brands include:
- CHEMPOL® Alkyd resins include conventional, high solids and water reducible versions for use in interior and exterior paints, industrial coatings and finishes.
- CHEMPOL® Polyester resins are used in coil coating, metal coatings and industrial baking systems. They provide excellent flexibility, durability, adhesion and appearance.
- CHEMPOL® Oil-free polyester resins for use in can and coil coatings including new product development resins based on biosourced raw materials.
- SYNAQUATM Alkyd dispersions are water-borne products used in decorative coatings.
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Recent Twitter activity
Recent Facebook activity
Local associations/ events we sponsor
- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce member
- Michigan Manufacturer Association (MMA)
- Mel Trotter food drive
- Rickerstrong charity
- Grand Rapids Police Department Metro Lodge 97 Fundraiser
- “Believe to Be” – Sponsorship and mentoring of summer youth science program.
- Grand Rapids Fire Department – Our site has a long standing relationship with the Grand Rapids Fire Department and supports them by participating in emergency preparedness drills.
- Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) – We participate, along with other area industry, in working together with community members twice a year to discuss and address any questions and concerns.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Arkema Coating Resins
1415 Steele Avenue SW #1
Grand Rapids, MI 49507-1562