Products and markets
The Houston, Texas plant is a global supplier of linear mercaptans, tertiary mercaptans, and carbon disulfide. These products are key ingredients in the manufacture of cellophane, structured polymers, and latex. Our products are also used in the production of synthetic rubber, plastics and corrosion inhibitors.
Key figures for 2019
|Number of employees||68|
|Local economic impact (payroll/utility/property taxes paid annually)||$11.8 million|
|Investment in health, environment and safety||
1 year without a lost time injury
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental and quality|
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Community involvement / sponsorships
- Science Teacher Workshop – We participate in an annual workshop each summer, which is supported by the Arkema Inc. Foundation. Local science teachers spend a week studying experiment kits with the help of a plant scientist. The program is designed to help science teachers expand and enhance their science teaching skills.
- EHCMA (East Harris County Manufacturers Association) and American Chemistry Council - We are an active member in both the ECHMA and ACC organizations.
- Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) - We are also an active member in the LEPC, meeting monthly to talk about community response planning in the event of an emergency in the area.
- CIMA (Channel Industries Mutual Aid) - We meet monthly with CIMA, an emergency response organization made up of refineries, chemical plants, municipalities and government organizations in the Houston industrial belt. Response drills are conducted periodically, to ensure our preparedness for a real emergency. Donated $20,000 in 2019.
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo – We volunteer and donate to this organization annually. The organization has raised more than $500 million since its very first show in 1932, going towards scholarships, endowments, educational youth programs and more.
- North Channel Area Chamber of Commerce
- Houston Economic Alliance
- North Channel Assistance Ministries
- Texas Chemical Council
- Houston Ship Channel Security District
- Betty’s Haven - This is a non-profit within the North Channel Coalition
- Toys for Tots - We partner with Channelview and Cloverleaf Fire Departments to collect toys distributed as Christmas gifts to children in need in the North Channel area.
- Partner with Channelview & Cloverleaf Fire Departments
2231 Haden Road
Houston, TX 77015
Last updated: April 2020