King of Prussia, Pennsylvania headquarters and research and development center
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania is home to Arkema’s U.S. headquarters and main research and development location.
Innovation is the hallmark of Arkema Inc. researchers and scientists. We develop state-of-the-art specialty chemicals and polymers that provide customers with practical solutions to the challenges and opportunities they face. As a company, Arkema is committed to developing solutions today for tomorrow’s societal needs. We have established six priorities for our R&D focus:
- Water management
- Lightweight materials and design
- Bio-based products
- New energies
- Electronic solutions
- Home efficiency and insulation
Arkema is commited to excellence, the pursuit of safety and enviromental protection, optimized performance and best case competitiveness. Learn more about our R&D here.
Community involvement / sponsorships
Our headquarters and research and development community at King of Prussia are proud of our emphasis on safety, health and the environment. We support the company's efforts in product stewardship, and we strive to be viewed as a good neighbor in our community.
- Science Teacher Program - Arkema Inc.’s Science Teacher Program provides hands-on
training to hundreds of teachers nationwide. In King of Prussia, we host 16 teachers, providing them with science activities to help students understand scientific principles and also help excite them about science. Learn more about the Science Teacher Program.
- Cristo Rey High School Work / Study Program – The Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School provides 4 students with real life experience. The students work once a week at the KoP site from September through June. They are assigned duties in office services, talent aquisition, talent management and marketing. Cristo Rey is an independent, college prepartory Catholic school for under represented urban students, giving skills to succeed in college and the modern workplace..
- United Way®
- Emplyee donations to local soup kitchen,
- Donations to the King of Prussia Fire Company
- Chemical Heritage Foundation Innovation Day
- Franklin Institute
- American Red Cross
- Economy League of Greater Philadephia
- Penn State - Additive manufacturing lab and Penn State (and other) fellowship programs
Key figures for 2018
|# of employees||659|
Local economic impact (includes payroll/utility/
|Investment in health, environment and safety||
$700,000 in approved capital investments for health, safety, and environmental projects
|Safety record||0 injuries in the last 2 years due to lost work time
|United Way® is a registered trademark belong to the United Way of America
Last updated: April 2019