Louisville, Kentucky production plant
The Louisville, Ky. plant produces one of Arkema's signature products, Plexiglas® acrylic resin.
Products and markets
It's a name you may recognize as the standard in acrylic sheet. Our acrylic molding resin is used in automotive tail light lenses, backlit signage, lighting applications, dashboard panels, medical equipment and much more.
The Louisville plant can produce and ship a resin so clean and pure that it is qualified for use as a layer in smartphone screens. This resin is also used in the manufacture of Plexiglas® acrylic sheet in North America and Latin America, and Altuglas® acrylic sheet in the rest of the world.
We take pride in producing materials that have excellent flexibility and optical clarity, and exceptional weather resistance. Our products resist discoloration, and molded parts can be drilled, machined, engraved or embossed. Our product line offers a variety of characteristics, enabling customers to choose one that is highly suitable for their application.
In 2013, we also added two production lines that produce extruded acrylic sheet. This product is used in many markets including signs, point of purchase displays, lighting and store fixtures.
Key figures for 2016
|Investment in health, environment and safety||
• A team of employees representing every level of the organization work together on the plant's safety council to promote improvements across the plant - from inspections and training to emergency drills and personal protective equipment.
• Employees at the plant demonstrate their commitment to their ownsafety and that of their co-workers by participating in BAPP - behavior accident prevention process. Our EAGLES (Eliminating Accidents Gaining Louisville Employees Safety) team promotes the concept of having employees observe each others' actions and provide immediate guidance when an at-risk action could result in an accident. The EAGLES team is employee-driven and participation is voluntary.
• Process Safety Management is an integral part of the Louisville plant's commitment to safe operation. The plant performs over 1,800 preventative maintenance inspections on an annual basis.
• Environmental responsibility is another core value. By focusing on the six codes of management practice that make up the Responsible Care® initiative, we remain conscious of our impact onour neighbors. A cross-functional environmental improvement team meets regularly to keep us moving toward our goal of zero emissions.
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental, and quality|
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Recent Twitter activity
Recent Facebook activity
- Rubbertown Community Advisory Council -- We are part of this group whose mission is to provide ongoing dialogue between sponsoring chemical companies and the surrounding community to develop mutual trust and to promote substantive two-way communication on health, safety and the environment that will enhance the quality of life in the area.
- Elementary School Connection and Junior Achievement Programs -- Our employees have participated in mentoring and career coaching programs at Cane Run Elementary School.
- Arkema Science Teachers Program -- We provide summer science workshops for local elementary school science teachers. In 2016 we partnered with Cane Run Elementary to provide teachers with materials and resources to help promote learning opportunities in math and science.
Arkema Coating Resins
4350 Camp Ground Road
Louisville, KY 40216