North Kansas City, Missouri production plant
The North Kansas City, Mo. plant produces a polyester resin used for powder coatings, which are part of metal finishes used on lawn furniture, tool boxes, light fixtures, parking meters, fences and railings.
Products and markets
The plant produces a polyester resin used for powder coatings, which are part of metal finishes used on lawn furniture, tool boxes, light fixtures, parking meters, fences and railings. Coatings made of Arkema polyester resins resist yellowing and have excellent outdoor durability.
The North Kansas City plant is the newest polyester powder coating resin manufacturing plant in the U.S. (built in 2002). Product brands include REAFREE® Powder Coating Resins for interior and exterior systems, including UV and Ultra low bake systems.
Key figures for 2017
|Investment in health, environment and safety||
• $70,000 in energy reduction programs to reduce carbon footprint for the site
• Safe at work training
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental, and quality|
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Recent Twitter activity
Recent Facebook activity
- Junior Achievement® -- Provides elementary and/or middle school students with community volunteers from a local business partner who combine their real-life experiences with JA's economic-base curriculum, showing students the relevance between what they are learning in school and the "real world". JA educates and inspires young people to succeed in a global economy. It also provides the business partner with a chance to give back to the community and invest in possible future employees.
- Science Teachers Program -- A hands-on science program for 3rd grade teachers from Briarcliff Elementary School to spend a week working at Arkema Inc. and partnering with scientists, engineers and safety personnel to learn innovative ways to teach basic science concepts.
- North Kansas City Business Council -- Promotes and advocates for businesses and quality of life in North Kansas City, Missouri. Further, provides Business to Business Networking as well as opportunities to showcase our business in multiple venues throughout the year. The Council keeps members informed on all local issues facing the community and promotes and nurtures new and existing business involvement in many valuable programs throughout the business community.
- Center for Advanced Professional Studies (CAPS) -- Partnership to mentor high school students who are interested in manufacturing and engineering careers.
Arkema Coating Resins
North Kansas City, Missouri
901 East 16th Avenue
North Kansas City, MO 64116-3735