St. Charles (Hahnville), Louisiana production plant
The St. Charles, Louisiana, plant produces latex emulsion products that are supplied to manufacturers of coatings, adhesives and construction products. Arkema is one of the leading global suppliers of paints and coatings. Its high performance products are innovative, and are used to manufacture paints, coatings and adhesives, which are respectful of the environment.
Community involvement / sponsorships
- The plant is an active member of the local St. Charles Parish Community Advisory Panel. We work with other area industry members (including OxyChem, Galata, Entergy, and Koch) and meet with community members on a regular basis to provide information on upcoming events and operational impacts, and to collaboratively address any questions or concerns they may have as we work together toward appropriate solutions.
- We are also members of the Louisiana Chemical Association (LCA) and Louisiana Association of Business in Industry (LABI).
- Arkema Science Teacher Program – Summer workshop supported by the Arkema Inc. Foundation. Local science teachers spend time studying experiment kits with the help of plant scientists. The program is designed to help science teachers expand and enhance their science teaching skills.
- United Way® Bridge Run
- Participated in the United Way® Battle for the Paddle (jambalaya and gumbo competitions)
- Hosted a family for a Thanksgiving Day basket
- Hahnville High School Football benefit golf tournament sponsor
- Hahnville High School Baseball sponsor
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection participant and sponsor
Key figures for 2019
|Number of employees||50|
|Local economic impact (payroll/utility/property taxes paid annually)||$6.5 million|
|Investment in health, environment and safety||
Assisting customers in scientific analyses to better understand the potential environmental impact of our products and formulations made with our products.
- Providing information on the safe transport, storage and use of our products.
- Meeting or exceeding all required regulatory standards in our operations and products.
- Providing regulatory compliance information to our customers.
- Being an open and cooperative partner to the communities in which we operate.
14 years with on lost time injury
|Awards/Certifications for safety, environmental, and quality|
United Way is a registered trademark of United Way of America
Responsible Care is a registered trademark of The American Chemistry Council
Last updated: May 2020