Products and markets
A division of Arkema Inc., Sartomer's West Chester, Penn. site produces specialty acrylate and methacrylate monomers and oligomers used by other manufacturers in the following applications:
- Graphic Arts
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Advanced Materials
- Chemical Intermediates
- Personal Care
- 3D Printing
Key figures for 2018
|Investment in the community||
• $21,000 investment in 2018
• Train with local emergency responders on a regular basis
• Local fire department and Hazardous material (HAZMAT) response team use this site for training
|Investment in health, environment and safety||
• Member of OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) Participant's Association
• Site utilizes an integrated computer-based technology for process monitoring and control
• In-house Emergency Response Team (ERT) and all operating shifts have ERT-trained employees who are trained at Delaware State, Texas A&M, and Maryland Fire & Rescue fire schools
• Hazardous waste operations emergency response (HAZWOPER) trained employees
• Personnel trained in First Aid, CPR, & AED (Automated External Defibrillation)
• Member of CHEMTREC® (Chemical Transportation Emergency Center)
• Employee led teams that enhance safety include: Behavioral Based Dafety (BBS) Training, Process Safety, Winterization, and 5S
|Awards/certifications for safety, environmental, and quality||
• Recurrent winner of annual American Chemistry Council Safety Award
The Arkema Group, through its Common Ground® program is committed to building relationships between our Company and its communities. Community relations enable the Group to open up its sites to the outside world and establish genuine relations of trust with all its stakeholders.
Community involvement and local associations/events we sponsor
- Local Fire Departments - financial support and training partnership
- Chester Ridley Crum (CRC) Watersheds Association
- Employee-initiated donation request program
- Science Teachers Program - sponsor teachers from local schools to team with Sartomer mentors to review science experiments and teaching techniques for the Fall semester.
- Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) -- We are a member and provide technical expertise.
- Shadowing Program - We provide “day on the job” training/coaching for local high school students.
- Community Advisory Panel (CAP) - This group was established to give residents a voice. As a CAP member, we meet annually to answer questions, offer suggestions, and talk about issues important to the surrounding community.
- Member of the West Chester Chamber of Commerce.
- Sartomer Environmental Scholarship - An internship at Sartomer is given to one West Chester University student every year. This can lead to employment at Sartomer following graduation.
- Partner with Drexel University for a co-op program where an Engineering student works on various projects throughout the plant in order to further his or her education.
- Volunteered in a team build for Habitat for Humanity of Chester County.
- Run various drives for local establishments including the Chester County Food Cupboard and the Chester County Hospital.
- United Way®
West Chester, Pennsylvania
610 South Bolmar Street
West Chester, PA 19382-3805