Arkema Inc. Developmental Sales Program
Sales professionals from Arkema's Developmental Sales program interact with Arkema colleagues and global technical experts to support our current businesses and products, and to develop the plans and strategies that will fuel our growth.
Arkema Inc. has developed a program specifically for those interested in sales as a career. Our 6-8 month rotational training program will help you to transition from your college life to your new work life in sales.
Your time spent at Arkema during training will expose you to our structure, style of operation, and many other strategic business practices. After the rotational training has been completed, you will then be placed in, and work for, one of our regional or global business units (BU).
Initial ultimate responsibilities will include:
- Achieving or exceeding budgeted sales volume, price and margin for assigned accounts
- Effective account management: developing and maintaining account plans, customer retention, managing working capital, credit, and customer satisfaction
- Achieving or exceeding additional strategic team goals
- Excellent customer service
- Providing correct and useful data insights
- Providing effective, value-added support to the sales team
Your path to success
Here is how we help you get there:
- Rotation through 5-6 business units with seasoned Sales Manager
- Learn about BU-specific products, customers, markets and operations
- In-depth tour of manufacturing facility
- Heavy travel with Sales Manager to customer accounts
- Introduction and one-on-one training with all corporate functions (safety, legal, supply chain, transportation, purchasing, logistics, human resources, R&D, HES, operations, marketing, finance and Executive leadership)
- The Developing Sales Representative will spend 3-4 weeks with each participating business unit. Rotations will be geared toward learning the business and its opportunities. Will include heavy travel to Arkema manufacturing sites as well as customer locations.
- After 6-8 months in the rotating role, the Developing Sales Representative will then transition into a specific business unit.
Stay connected and apply
Qualities that make you a successful candidate:
- Self-starter and enthusiastic
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, communication and negotiating skills
- Results driven
- Detail orientated, with excellent prioritization and follow-up
- Professional presentation skills
- Strong customer focus
Successful candidates will work in a collaborative interdisciplinary team environment.