THE BENEFITS OF DMSO
- Powerful solvent
- High flash and boiling points
- Outstanding ecotox profile
- Recyclable and biodegradable
- Non-classified alternative to polar aprotic solvents like NMP, DMF, DMAC
The world leader in thiochemicals, Arkema markets DMSO on all five continents and provides support to its customers in the development of increasingly demanding applications.
A strategy to assist our customers’ development around the world
- A global sales network with technical expertise to assist you with your development projects
- A storage network with 5 distribution centers on 4 continents ready to fulfill your needs
A product designed with your needs in mind
- Extensive packaging range (drum, IBC, isotank and tank truck)
- Specific grades for electronics, pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals and cleaning applications
A PRODUCT WITH COUNTLESS APPLICATIONS
Arkema’s DMSO helps solubilize most organic compounds without affecting the substrates.
DMSO is widely used as a reaction solvent because of its effectiveness and its favorable toxicological properties. It can also be used as an alkylation agent. Its outstanding toxicological profile, combined with its solvent characteristics, make it an outstanding carrier for active substances in certain subcutaneous applications. DMSO is also recyclable.
DMSO rated per European Medicine Evaluation Agency and US Food and Drug Administration
A synthesis solvent for herbicides and pesticides, DMSO is used as a solvent in water-soluble formulations. Additionally, it helps active substances penetrate through vegetable membranes while minimizing risks to the environment thanks to its outstanding
DMSO is used for the stripping and rinsing stages of photo resist substances, for example in the manufacture of flat screens. Thanks to its original and proprietary purification process, Arkema provides high-quality DMSO with extremely low and stable metal content. Furthermore, recycling DMSO affords major cost reductions.
As a powerful solvent, Arkema’s DMSO promotes the reactions and solubilization of
organic compounds. It can be recovered and easily eliminated in waste water
Its excellent power to solubilize polymers and its low toxicity make Arkema’s DMSO a
highly suitable solvent for the formulation of polymers such as polyethersulfones and
Chemical and plastics industry
- Polymer engineering
- Li-ion batteries
Water and environment
Formulation solvent / Polymers