Responsible Care® performance measures
Arkema Inc. reports their performance metrics to the American Chemistry Council (ACC) annually.
These measures enable Arkema as an individual company and ACC members as a group to target areas of Responsible Care® performance for continuous improvement. They also provide the public with a means to track individual company and industry performance in an accessible, transparent manner.
Arkema Inc. began reporting these new Responsible Care® performance measures to the ACC in early 2004. The current performance metrics below are reported to the ACC annually.
Responsible Care® performance metrics
- Pounds of hazardous air pollutants released to the air
- Pounds of SOx and NOx Emissions released to the air
- Net water consumption in millions of gallons
Greenhouse gas and energy efficiency metrics
- Greenhouse gas intensity pounds of CO2 equivalent net emissions per pound of production indexed to a base year
- Energy efficiency in BTUs utilized per pounds of net production indexed to a base year
Safety and distribution metrics
- Process safety incidents total number of incidents
- OSHA recordable and lost work day incidence rates employees and contractors
- Fatalities employees and contractors
- DOT recordable incidents total number of incidents
- Is the Responsible Care® partner status a consideration in your company's supply chain business decision?
Product stewardship and waste minimization metrics
- Ranking high and non-high priority chemicals
- Providing examples of waste minimization / beneficial reuse / internal and external recycling initiatives
We feel that numbers alone, whether they indicate success or point to areas for improvement do not tell Arkema's whole story.